My sleek 407 platinum

georgeslo

Membre
2 Décembre 2009
Hello

This is my first post on this forum.

I'm presenting my Peugeot 407 2.0 hdi platinum, 2005.
Platinum equipment:
Electric, heated, leather seats
Xenon
JBL soundsystem
9 x airbag

What has been done on the car

Eibach pro kit (35/30)
Alopias 18" with 235/45/18 tires
Chrome exhaust tip

i00060-1.jpg

i00061-1.jpg

i00063.jpg

The car also had a remap (chiptuning) done by SKN and it is now running on 163 HP and 390Nm torque.

Later I also had the plastic trims painted to match the colour of the car.

Picture quality is bad as it was thaken with a mobile phone :non:

imag0171.jpg

imag0173.jpg

imag0149.jpg

yes, wonderful and very nice.

Welcome on board of this Forum. I hope you may find a lot of informations about your car.

I have seen it is a 2005 year model. Where did you buy it ??? Do you know where this car is coming from ???

Another point : do you have reliable car dealer and maintenance shop is Slovenia ??

Cheers :coucou:

Hello

Thank you.

I imported the car from Germany a year ago....bought it from a peugeot dealer (Löwen Centrum Dülmen)

My previous car was 307 and now for my 407 i have very good mechanics who work in an authorized maintenance shop, who have also been fixin my previous car.

Since my purchase I had to replace the EGR and ball joints.......i also celaned the fap as a precaution before I took the car to SKN for a remap.

Hello !

very nice car !

I want to know what is your Chrome exhaust tip ? Where have you bought it ? What is the name of this component ?

Sorry for my bad english

very nice 407!! I love the things you have done to it.

Small remark I have to make: beware that the original gearbox was designed only to withstand 370 nM of torque. I you have a good chip tuner he will get the 165 hp and still be under the 370 nM of torque ;)

Firstly thank you all

@katsanset

The chrome exhaust tip is the part marked in the picture (this is strictly for styling as I decided not to go for a full sport exhaust). I bought it at al local exhaust dealer and it cost me 40€....it is welded to the orginal ehxaust box.

i00063mark.jpg

@fap74
Seeing your english is very good and my french is rubbish i would kindly ask you to clarify (translate) some things to your fellow forum members if they are not understandable.

@jurgen_s
From what i heard the problem is in the dmf(dual mass flywheel) and clutch (slipping issue) and not the gearbox itself, but thank you for the warning.....i shall forward this info to the tuning garage.....but as they are a worldwide renowned company i hope they know what they are doing.

Still in plan and the pictures will follow soon......fitting of Peugeot 307 alu pedals and footrest, cleaning the boot and fitting facelift backlights.

Firstly thank you all

@katsanset

The chrome exhaust tip is the part marked in the picture (this is strictly for styling as I decided not to go for a full sport exhaust). I bought it at al local exhaust dealer and it cost me 40€....it is welded to the orginal ehxaust box.

http://www.shrani.si/f/2N/j2/4R62kmhF/i00063mark.jpg

@fap74
Seeing your english is very good and my french is rubbish i would kindly ask you to clarify (translate) some things to your fellow forum members if they are not understandable.

@jurgen_s
From what i heard the problem is in the dmf(dual mass flywheel) and clutch (slipping issue) and not the gearbox itself, but thank you for the warning.....i shall forward this info to the tuning garage.....but as they are a worldwide renowned company i hope they know what they are doing.

Still in plan and the pictures will follow soon......fitting of Peugeot 307 alu pedals and footrest, cleaning the boot and fitting facelift backlights.

at your disposal my dear :chinois:
This is why I advice to continue your topic in english.

As we say ''learning by doing'', you will become fully fluent in french by spending time on this forum :D

@katsanset

The chrome exhaust tip is the part marked in the picture (this is strictly for styling as I decided not to go for a full sport exhaust). I bought it at al local exhaust dealer and it cost me 40€....it is welded to the orginal ehxaust box.[/u].

Thanks for your answer, but i don't want to weld an exhaust tip because i don't know how to !

I continue my researches for having a cheap exhaust tip

have a nice day

still, I'm finding the 165bhp to be 'low' compaired to the 390nM torque you get. I got 165 bhp with 'only' 365 nM of torque. 390 would have gotten me around 180-185 bhp.

Get yourself a good airfilter also: green has a speed-r twister specially for the 2 liter diesel in the 407. I've put in my 607 but needed to make some minor modifications. It improved the accelerator respons significantly.

Yes....sorry I forgot to mention that when I had the remap done I installed a replacement panel air filter by K&N. I did not want to go for the "open version" as the sound is not a factor when it comes to diesel engines :D