bruits de barre de toit

somazo

Nouveau membre
22 Juin 2010
bon jour!

pls feel free to reply in French:)

I have a quite annoying problem that I experienced last year and will face in 1-2 weeks time (holiday).

When I put our Thule roof box (coffre de toit) on our new 807 and went for holiday a quite annoying experience started. whenever I drove faster than cca 70km/h the box and/or the bars started to make a permanent horrible creaky noise. All in all I drove around 3000 km in such a condition, after a while I hated to sit in the car and drive. I tried some tricks, e.g. I put clothes between the bars and the box, etc but nothing helped.

on my previous car I used the same box without any problem and noise. On that car I had classic metal bars while on the peugeot there are these fancy plastic bars. I have no doubt that the problem stems from the fact the plastic bars are not solid enough and creak when an other plastic weight is put on them.

do you have any good advice how to avoid this noise that drives me and my family crazy

Merci, Somazo

Hi, european citizen. Unfortunatly, I've had the same phenomen on my 807. I think you're right when you say that the plastic creak. But the bars are strong enough to support the roof box. Try one time to let the front bar on the front of the car, the result will be a aerodynamic noise . These bars are beautiful but they don't have only qualities...For information, the roofbox support ~50 kgs, and your bars too.For information, for your next trip, there is an alternative, go and see (http://www.thule.com/fr-FR/FR/Products/CargoCarriers/B oxes/900000.aspx).
Have a nice trip.See you soon ;)

For this reason, and a lot of others, I sold my box.

Et j'ai acheté une remorque bagagère : c'est beaucoup plus pratique !

Excuse my bad english : my french is quite better !

;)

merci carlif00 et ched!

since i have no 'remorque' i guess i'll have to continue to enjoy the noise:)...and i just hope that some people from peugeot follow this forum and will try to improve this in the next modells...the aerodinamic noise is understandable i also had that with my old car with metal bars but this plastic creak is horrible...
PS: to 'ched' i'm also sorry for my bad English, my Hungarian is quite better:)