[TUTO] Remplacement SMEG+ par un NAC Wave2 sur 308 T9 (+ BTA 2.0)

Hello to everyone,

Im sorry for the English but I don't know French..
I used translate and read all 15 pages :) Thank you @VLud for all your effort and support. I envy your knowledge :)

I actually do not have a 308, but instead a 5008 which had an RCC A1 unit.
I recently purchased a NAC from ebay and the seller coded it with my VIN so it was just plug and play for me.
Everything works fine. I also ordered an extra LVDS cable from Peugeot in order to make the speed cluster show the maps.
They will activate the function for me :)

Have to questions and i would appreciate any help though :
My car was not equipped with a camera but i want to install one.
What I have to do is :
  1. install a camera,
  2. connect the camera to the NAC pins as you describe on your first post,
  3. telecode the NAC to activate the option ?

also the NAC is configured as 3008 GtLine as stated from the ebay post and the icons in the menu are from 3008.
Can this be changed from Peugeot dealer as well ?
My unit was this one : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-...396233?hash=item364b4a5389:g:PRUAAOSw1jpcMI4b

Thanks in advance !
Regards
george

Yes but manual telecoding is not available for all parking aids including the camera on the NAC, so it must be done using a VIN of an equiped car and an automatic telecoding.
The problem is that your NAC has a 3008 calibration, it must be changed to fix your icons issues and your dealer can't do it, only technical platform can so your dealer must contact them to change it (and I'm not sure they will do it)
So because of your current calibration you must use a 3008 VIN with camera to add the camera else the NAC will remain locked for telecoding due to calibration mismatch

[QUOTE = "VLud, post: 2470962, member: 108646"] Yes but manual telecoding is not available for all parking aids including the camera on the NAC, so it must be done using a wine of year equiped car and year automatic telecoding.
The problem is that your NAC has a 3008 calibration, it must be changed to fix your icons from and your dealer can not do it, only technical platform can so your dealer must contact them to change it (and I'm not sure they will do it)
So because of your current calibration you must use 3008 wine with a camera to add the camera else the NAC will remain locked for telecoding due to calibration mismatch [/QUOTE]

Thanks for your fast reply :)
I forgot to say that my 5008 has the parking sensors installed but it had no camera.
I'm searching for days to find the answers... so I guess for what I want I don't need the obstacle detection module same as here : https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Peugeot-3008-5008-Obstacle-Detection-Video-System-ECU-9818608380/192889703723?epid=25011695674 & hash = item2ce91f4d2b:g:Mi0AAOSwdX5cs5Cg as I can understand this is a need only if someone wants to upgrade to Visio Park 2.
I just need to buy camera and connect it to the NAC pins.

I don't mind the 3008 icons so I will leave it as it is.

I found some VIN here https://www.mtgravattpeugeot.com.au/new-car/peugeot/3008/gt-suv/p097187/ so I might use this or ask Peugeot to use one from their sales area

No need to buy the Video ECU it is for Visiopark 2 only (this ECU aggregates the two video flow into one redirected to the NAC which only has one video analog entry), you just have to buy the camera and plastic support + cover and connect it directly to the NAC.

Bonjour à tous,

j'ai acheté en fin d'année 2018 une 308 SW Allure d'occasion (première immatriculation en mai 2017)
J'ai cru lire sur le forum que normalement elle devrait être équipée d'un NAC ou RCC si pas de GPS.
Mais dans Service box j'ai bien un SMEG indiqué, ça vous parait normal?
et du coup je pourrais quand même me lancer dans un remplacement par un NAC ?

La 308 a été restylée mi-2017 donc si immatriculation en Mai 2017 c'est "normal" qu'elle ait un SMEG ;)
Tu as donc une 308 T9 phase 1 et tu peux donc suivre le tuto

Hi everyone,

Also don't speak French, so I hope you don't mind me writing in English.

Question for @VLud. If I find the NAC from 308 T9, is it absolutely necessary to have the VIN from the car which has the same equipment? I do not know if I can find it. Can I just write down the SMEG configuration and manually telecode the same to NAC?

Dernière édition:

@Ched Sorry but I needed a direct contact for a service before purchase of parts from online seller.

Thanks to @VLud and this forum we all have a chance to upgrade our Peugeots to include latest features. This tutorial is one of the best I read in a long time.

Just yesterday I ordered all the parts needed to upgrade my SMEG Niv. A1 to NAC with DAB. The adapter on Alliexpress SMEG -> NAC https://bit.ly/2UVzLvd. I took version D as I have only FM1 antenna installation in my car and I see it has a detachable jack for analog video input.

This is a picture I found for connecting a camera to the SMEG unit and from what @VLud mentioned in post #261 NAC also has a analog video input like SMEG but just on other pins SMEG B1 -> NAC pin 17, and SMEG B7 -> NAC pin16.

Backup camera P308 wireing.jpg

So my question would be can a universal camera like this one be installed in a new NAC and from where does it need to take power? Can +12V be taken from reverse lights or does it need to be taken from BSI pin 3?

Take any after-ignition 12V on the car (the nearest is on the park assist unit - AAS -), do not take the 12V from the reverse light (even if it will work and not trigger any error on the computer board), the camera only use 0.025A. The original camera is powered on after ignition for diagnostic purposes.
The camera must be NTSC, I don't have the original resolution but I don't think it is HD, I recommand using an original camera instead of a Chinese camera ;)
The PINs are already written on my images (Video AAS = Camera Recul = Rear camera video)

• J'aime
Reactions: dkarolj

Avertissement: Je ne suis pas responsable en cas de dommages sur votre véhicule vous effectuez les opérations en connaissances de cause.

Si vous avez une 208 / 2008, suivez plutôt ce tuto :D

--

Tout est entièrement fonctionnel (y compris les aides aux stationnement) comme vous pouvez le constater:

--

--

Liste de courses
  • Un NAC (861€ TTC en neuf) :
Vous avez le choix entre différents modèles, choisissez celui le plus adapté à votre connectique et options d'origine:

• L'écran capacitif (88€ ou entre 540€ et 640€ TTC en neuf):

OU

• Un adaptateur double Fakra (11 à 12€ TTC) ici ou ici vers deux Fakra séparés pour rebrancher les antennes FM1 (et FM2, si vous l'avez), sans cet adaptateur il est quand même possible de brancher votre antenne mais elle arrivera sur FM2 au lieu de FM1 ce qui pourrait causer quelques soucis de réception
Au choix pour le connecteur NAC:

OU

Nécessaire pour télécoder le NAC (il n'est pas possible d'utiliser de vieilles versions comme la 7.57, le NAC n'est pas référencé):
  • Paiement d'un jeton sur Servicebox (42€ TTC)
  • Une interface originale Peugeot ou copie chinoise full chip
Liste de course optionnelle mais recommandée (en fonction de ce que vous avez déjà ou pas)
Bonsoir, et bravo pour ces tutos
Pouvez vous m'indiquer ou se fournir les éléments
  • 16 277 344 80 - NAC Analogique (AM/FM) avec une sortie LVDS | Référence sur le boitier (pour le trouver en occasion): 98 219 088 80 / 9821908880
  • 16 277 359 80 - NAC Numérique (DAB+) avec une sortie LVDS | Référence sur le boitier: 98 219 089 80 / 9821908980
A quoi font correspondent ces numéros , est ce ceux du constructeur peugeot ?Merci de votre réponse
Avertissement: Je ne suis pas responsable en cas de dommages sur votre véhicule vous effectuez les opérations en connaissances de cause.

Si vous avez une 208 / 2008, suivez plutôt ce tuto :D

--

Tout est entièrement fonctionnel (y compris les aides aux stationnement) comme vous pouvez le constater:

--

--

Liste de courses
  • Un NAC (861€ TTC en neuf) :
Vous avez le choix entre différents modèles, choisissez celui le plus adapté à votre connectique et options d'origine:

• L'écran capacitif (88€ ou entre 540€ et 640€ TTC en neuf):

OU

• Un adaptateur double Fakra (11 à 12€ TTC) ici ou ici vers deux Fakra séparés pour rebrancher les antennes FM1 (et FM2, si vous l'avez), sans cet adaptateur il est quand même possible de brancher votre antenne mais elle arrivera sur FM2 au lieu de FM1 ce qui pourrait causer quelques soucis de réception
Au choix pour le connecteur NAC:

OU

Nécessaire pour télécoder le NAC (il n'est pas possible d'utiliser de vieilles versions comme la 7.57, le NAC n'est pas référencé):
  • Paiement d'un jeton sur Servicebox (42€ TTC)
  • Une interface originale Peugeot ou copie chinoise full chip
Liste de course optionnelle mais recommandée (en fonction de ce que vous avez déjà ou pas)

Alinvale bonjour,
pour les numéros il suffit de lire comme VLUD l'a indiqué :
  • 16 277 344 80 - NAC Analogique (AM/FM) avec une sortie LVDS | Référence sur le boitier (pour le trouver en occasion): 98 219 088 80 / 9821908880
Celui commençant par 16........ est la ref pour commander chez peugeot et aussi il sert de ref sur service box et le suivant est indiqué sur le boitier c'est utile pour trouver le matériel d’occase et peut aussi servir de ref en concession selon les pièces.
Pour l'achat soit chez le concessionnaire ou l'occase ainsi que certains site, tout est sur le forum et d'abord tu dois savoir de quoi tu à besoin Analogique ou Numérique .
Familiarise-toi avec service box et relie encore et encore le tuto ainsi que les quinze pages du forum .
Bonne lecture.

@nvidiagt a tout dit, et il faut arrêter de faire des citations n'importe comment, ça rend le message encore moins clair que si il n'y en avait aucune
Les références citées sont commandables chez tout CC Peugeot (ou Citroën) au comptoir des pièces détachées, mais si tu es déjà perdu sur ça, c'est pas gagné pour arriver au résultat final :D

• J'aime
Reactions: lemusicos2000

Tutoriel mis à jour pour ajouter le faisceau du chargeur CD (pour ceux qui possèdent) dans l'adaptateur Chinois, cela évite donc de le fabriquer entièrement soit même :)
Ajout également d'une méthode pour débloquer l'activation des services connectés sur MyPeugeot si le NAC de la voiture donneuse n'avait jamais été connecté à Internet depuis celle-ci

Tutorial updated to add the CD charger beam (for those who have it) inside Chinese adapter, this avoids making it entirely yourself :)
Also added a way to unlock connected services activation on MyPeugeot if the NAC from donor car never has been connected to Internet from it

Enjoy !

• J'aime
Reactions: skeletiko and euro8

Hello,
I am here new and sorry for english laungauge. Hope it not an issue for you.

I would like to thank to VLud user for lot of valuable infromation inside of this thread giving me courage to this action.

I am the owner of 2018 Peugeot 3008 Allure.

Unfortunatelly I have forgoten to configure the reversion camera out of production and now I would like to additional retrofy this feature called as Visio Park 1.

My car has factory fitted parking sensors (front+rear) and Peugeot Connect Radio unit (called RCC).

So I have ordered the camera 180° (9809301080), support for camera (9813819080) and camera cover (98138191XT). I have also the necessary wirre harness with plugs to connect the camera with BSI-unit and RCC unit. Under the boot cover and also after revison in SERVICEBOX, I could not find any harness prepared for connection of camera.

Question no. 1: Where shoud I connect the wire (+CAM) to BSI-1 unit (fuse box) which is hiden inside of dashboard ? I heard about PH Black socket and wire position no. 10 in the plug. Is it correct ?

After wirring an coding/activating of reversing camera via DIAGBOX is ncessary. I do not have own DIAGBOX, I have to go to local Peugeot dealer and I expect some obstacles and excuses like it does not work etc..

Question no. 2: Is the activation feasible without any obstacles for e.g. VIN protection etc. ? Can I make it home alone in case I would find somebody who has DIAGBOX. Which version do I need ? Is necessary to have VIN code of the car which has factory fitted reversing camera to activate this option?

Thanks for your opinions and I will post here continuously current status of my task.

Regards Georgio 3008.

Question no. 1: Where shoud I connect the wire (+CAM) to BSI-1 unit (fuse box) which is hiden inside of dashboard ? I heard about PH Black socket and wire position no. 10 in the plug. Is it correct ?

You can take any after ignition 12V, no need to go back to the BSI. But yes, PIN 10 on the 16 ways black connector protected by fuse F5 is the original wiring. You can take PIN 10 on the AAS 16 ways green connector which is also connected to the BSI black connector on PIN 10 ;)

After wirring an coding/activating of reversing camera via DIAGBOX is ncessary. I do not have own DIAGBOX, I have to go to local Peugeot dealer and I expect some obstacles and excuses like it does not work etc..

You can do this on your own following a part of the tutorial and paying a 42€ token.

Question no. 2: Is the activation feasible without any obstacles for e.g. VIN protection etc. ? Can I make it home alone in case I would find somebody who has DIAGBOX. Which version do I need ? Is necessary to have VIN code of the car which has factory fitted reversing camera to activate this option?

Diagbox 9 is mandatory, read previous answer. Yes having a VIN with camera factory fitted is mandatory to enable the camera on the NAC / RCC because those settings are read-only in Diagbox, take a VIN that has same options you have to avoid loosing some.

--

By the way, this topic would have been better talking about camera activation

Thank you very much VLud for your fast feedback.

Where I could find AAS green socket (BSI 1 or in boot)?

I will have a look if the access to this socket will be easier rather than PH Black.

I have already found some VIN of car with factory fitted reversing camera. Does it matter if the RCC is has DAB and my is analog or not ?

All other functions like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Mirroring function for AA and Car Play are the same.

I do not have any special features in the setting menu like active line keeping system, cornering folg lamps etc. Only warning while line escaping, parking aid (sensors) and ambient light setting.

Does it matter on the motor (petrol, diesel) and gearbox (manual, EAT8) or not?

Thanks a lot.

AAS = Where all radars are connected, so in the back on the car:

Anyway you still have to put two wires from the back to the front of the car for the camera video.

Does it matter if the RCC is has DAB and my is analog or not ?

No, even enabled on your unit, hardware is missing and it won't change anything nor show anything related to it.

Does it matter on the motor (petrol, diesel) and gearbox (manual, EAT8) or not?

On the RCC no, engine matters on the NAC to display petrol / diesel prices on the map, but i can be manually changed after automatic telecoding.

You must find a 3008 VIN with white line warning, not sure all 3008 have it

Hello everyone :coucou:

I've ordered an uncoded Nac from an unknown vehicle (maybe peugeot or citroen) and a Touchscreen from AliExpress.

My vehicle is a peugeot 308 pre-facelift GTi from 2016.

I have a small question.
Out of pure curiosity, I once connected everything.
Is it normal, that the Touchscreen won't go on when the nac isn't coded?

Has anyone tested it?

It is clearly written NOT to buy any NAC if the NAC does not come from your vehicle model (or any unknown VIN) ...
The screen should be showing something anyway, the black connector must be plugged in.

Yes, i've read that.
It's just for testings with diagbox. ;)

But i need to know if this is normal to rule out that the touchscreen from AliExpress is not defective.

Lvds and the black plug was connected.
Normally the touch buttons should be flash.

What is the brown plug for?

Dernière édition:

The brown connector is not needed anymore and was used for tactile on the previous resistive screen (using a dedicated CAN-BUS network), now it is integrated inside the LVDS line.

Cartographie mise à jour dans le topic, version 14.0 :)
Maps updated, version 14.0 :)

Dernière édition:
  • J'aime
Reactions: euro8

Hello,

I verified the VIN from adopted car in ServiceBox (section interior fittings) and I can find the comformity except of feature related to radio receiver. My is anlog connected colour radio and adopted is digital connected colour radio.

All other features like Wi-Fi, Mirror Link, loudspeakers and features like with lateral trajectory monitoring, without blind spot monitoring, without telematic unit, without navigation system are the same.

My radio unit is 16 259 455 80 (petrol engine)

EB2DTS 96KW INJECTION AND WITH MIRROR LINK AND ANALOGUE CONNECTED COLOUR RADIO AND WITHOUT EQUALISER AMPLIFIER SINCE RPO 14693 UNTIL RPO 15301 OR EB2ADTS 96KW 1200 3 CYL PETROL AND WITH MIRROR LINK AND ANALOGUE CONNECTED COLOUR RADIO AND WITHOUT EQUALISER AMPLIFIER SINCE RPO 14693 UNTIL RPO 15301 OR EB2DTS M 96KW INJECTION AND WITH MIRROR LINK AND ANALOGUE CONNECTED COLOUR RADIO AND WITHOUT EQUALISER AMPLIFIER SINCE RPO 14693 UNTIL RPO 15301

Adopted 16 352 222 80 (diesel engine)

DV5RCC 96KW 1.5L DIESEL AND DIGITAL CONNECTED COLOUR RADIO AND WITHOUT EQUALISER AMPLIFIER AND ML6C SINCE RPO 15001 UNTIL RPO 15301

Nevertheless the firmware version available at Peugeot website looks after typing of both VIN codes the same „PSA _rcc-firmware_1_075_16-1B116_RCC_EU_W2.tar.

What do you think Vlud, it should works or?
Thank you for support.

Don't try to compare unit ref, it is useless as it will be different almost everytime.
Your VIN should be perfectly fine ;)