S&S and distance between veichles problems

turtuv

Membre régulier
9 Mars 2015
Hi, i’m writing in english because i don’t know french language. I’m Italian and I’am an (almost) happy new owner of a New 308 Allure 1.2 PureTech 130cv. The car was manufactured on February 4th. I have two strange problem:

1)S&S: when the car goes into ECO mode, if I move the steering wheel, the car turn on automatically, like I pressed the clutch pedal. I didn’t find any other owner which has the same situation, so I think this is not normal. Do you know something more about this fact?

2)Some people, even if they turn on the active cruise, can see on central display the distance between veichles, but I can see it only if the active cruise is not turned on. How come?

Thank you in advance for your support.

2)Some people, even if they turn on the active cruise, can see on central display the distance between veichles, but I can see it only if the active cruise is not turned on. How come?

I have never seen the "distance" (actually this is not the distance in meters but the time gap) being displayed when the active cruise is activated. As explained in the documentation, when the active cruise is on, the distance screen is replaced by another one which displays a "road" and might eventually display a car when such is detected by the radar and the system is going to adapt the speed.

It also displays the current speed of the car and the fact that it is "adapted" or not.

At least this is how it works in my 308.

What you observe on your vehicle is normal. At least it is stated as such in the online handbook:

Display of inter-vehicle time
Conditions for display
The active cruise control must not be selected (the active cruise control information is
displayed instead of that for the inter-vehicle time).

1)S&S: when the car goes into ECO mode, if I move the steering wheel, the car turn on automatically, like I pressed the clutch pedal. I didn’t find any other owner which has the same situation, so I think this is not normal. Do you know something more about this fact?

Steering assistance is electric, so maybe it triggers the S&S to start ?

:coucou:

1) S&S turns on the engine when I use the steering wheel, I think it's alright.

I have never seen the "distance" (actually this is not the distance in meters but the time gap) being displayed when the active cruise is activated. As explained in the documentation, when the active cruise is on, the distance screen is replaced by another one which displays a "road" and might eventually display a car when such is detected by the radar and the system is going to adapt the speed.

It also displays the current speed of the car and the fact that it is "adapted" or not.

At least this is how it works in my 308.

My car too, but some people's 308 has different behavior.

In my case i tried to:

activate cruise
select "active cruise" from smeg
turn off the cruise and leave che "active cruise" voice active (green light)
try to list the central display's screen and after the compass screen i see the speed, not the distance between veichles.

Other people in the other hand see the distance, even if active cruise is selected on smeg.
Steering assistance is electric, so maybe it triggers the S&S to start ?
1) S&S turns on the engine when I use the steering wheel, I think it's alright.

Yes! Seems to be normal! I found out that apparently the 1.2 PureTech has this capacity on it's S&S system!

Ok, i found out the solutions. About S&S it's normal with new 1.2 PureTech engine, i tested this thing with other 1.2 PureTech owners.
About display of inter-vehicle time, after few test, now i see the screen on central display, after the compass screen. Mistery of the software!

I madre a video about the intra-vehicle distance's bug. How you can see, the distance visualitation is not costant. One time I see it, next time I don't. See:http://vimeo.com/122185791

What's the problem?

I saw another video from a friend who has the GT. It does the same thing, but i didn't see any other test so i don't know if this is a bug of all 308 or if it's just my car's bug.

https://vimeo.com/122316429

can anyone help me to understand this anomaly? on monday i have an appointment in order to reset the smeg, but before i do something drastic i just would like to know why my car has this behaviour and if could be another less drastic solution :(