Bruit bizarre

garageman

Membre régulier
28 Juillet 2005
Two weeks ago I noticed a strange squeeky sound coming from the front suspension when passing over humps with low speed (~ 30 km/h).
I noticed this only happens when the engine is fully warmed up, or immediately upon start if I left the car in the sun.

Anyone having a similar problem?

Isn't it more a sound like cracks coming from the dashboard when it has been hitted by the sun?!?

There was a long topic in this section about this problem but unfortunately I can not find it anymore. Perhaps it has been closed and removed because gliding off-topic!

@ les modos: il est ou ce topic sur les craquements de tableau de bord :confused:

I am (almost) sure it's coming from the front suspension. I'll check tomorrow.
(As for the cracking interior plastic parts, these have been driving me crazy from the beginning :mad: )

Perhaps applying grease on some parts of the suspension would solve your problem. I had similar crack-noises after the winter (rear suspension) and that has been solved that way by my Peugeot-dealer!

Unfortunately, many members of FP do not wish any English writting, what a shame if they could help you!

Sorry for writing in English. I am afraid that I might offend somebody if I start writing in 'my' French. :)

However, I can understand French quite well, so you don't have to reply in English.

Thanks for the answers and support, whatever the language!