Automatic gearbox - strange kick

W1zard

Membre
25 Juin 2021
Bulgaria
Hello, I have Peugeot 508 2.0 163hp 2015 (facelift).
It is equipped with 6 speed Automatic gearbox. Currently the car is 180000km, but I own it since 127000.
Around 130000 I decided to refresh the gearbox oil. It went well and everything fine. Later on I found that I have gearbox overheating problem as after the partial change (in Peugeot official dealership) it kicked few times when changing from N > D, P > D, P > R etc.
I have refreshed the oil completely (draining filling method). As the overheating did not went off I decided to change the valve body. I have bought new one and changed it. Everything went well, there was no more overheating or kicks, smoot gear shift and so on.
Then this moment came, where there is very uncommon problem. When I drive about 15-25 km min and then put to R to maneuver for parking for example and then put to D its fine, but at the moment I release the brake pedal softly and slowly there is a had kick. This is only after it was shifted to R. There is no kick in any other shift. Only when put to D and releasing the brake, not when just put to D (as it is the very common problem).
The other thing is that if I have engaged the electric handbrake and without pressing the brakes if I shift N >D there is NO kick.
Has anyone has those symptoms, as it is not very common.
P.S. There is also strange thing, when I put D (brake still pressed), shift to M (still holding brake), there is something like very hard kick in the gearbox itself.

Thank you in advance!

Hello, I have a similar problem regarding the kicks.

When the gearbox is cold everything operates smoothly.
After warming up a bit (let's say after 15 minutes of driving) I have a kick after releasing the brake when the gearbox is on D (it happens at red lights for example, and stoppage needs to last at least more than 3 seconds).

It also happens to me that when I'm holding the brake and passing from D to M there is a hard kick (a bit more aggressive than the other one). If I keep switching between D and M the kick happens all the time. It looks like the car wants to move forward.

If I use the manual mode (M) there are no kicks after releasing the brakes.

Did you manage to find the issue?

I know my gearbox had it's oil changed 20 000 km ago, I don't know if they did the reset procedure (but I suppose yes since it was done at Peugeot)