Système de caméra de recul terrible sur 508 II SW / Terrible rear-view Camera System on 508 II SW

DReffects

Membre
3 Octobre 2019
Germany
Good Evening.

I am appalled by the terrible rear view camera and did some testing. There are several issues:

- the rear camera does not have any WDR (wide dynamic range) functionality
- NAC somehow scales the subpar image in a way, that crippels it even more

Bonsoir.
Je suis consterné par la terrible caméra de recul et j'ai fait quelques essais. Il y a plusieurs problèmes:
- la caméra arrière n'a pas de fonctionnalité WDR (large gamme dynamique)
- Le NAC redimensionne d’une manière ou d’une autre l’image médiocre, ce qui la paralyse encore plus

I own a white 508 and the rear bumper is visible in the rear view camera. The license plate lights shine directly onto it. Therefor, at night, the camera always adjusts its brightness to the brightes part - wich is always the rear bumper, therefor rendering the rest of the image too dark.
Je possède un 508 blanc et le pare-chocs arrière est visible dans la caméra de recul. Les lumières de la plaque d'immatriculation brillent directement sur elle. Ainsi, la nuit, la caméra ajuste toujours sa luminosité à la partie la plus brillante - qui est toujours le pare-chocs arrière, ce qui rend le reste de l'image trop sombre.

I've hooked up a professional grade camera to the car and did some testing:
J'ai branché un appareil photo de qualité professionnelle à la voiture et effectué des tests:

Even with a perfect input signal, the output on the NAC screen is barely readable.
Même avec un signal d'entrée parfait, la sortie sur l'écran NAC est à peine lisible.

This is the input signal:
C'est le signal d'entrée:
Unbenannt.JPG

And this is what NAC displays:
Et voici ce que NAC affiche:

Unbenannt.JPG

To demonstrate the brightness adjustment i've removed the rear view camera to the car and placed it onto a white sheet of paper (aka, the rear bumper):
Pour démontrer le réglage de la luminosité, j'ai retiré la caméra de vision arrière de la voiture et l'ai placée sur une feuille de papier blanc (le pare-chocs arrière):

Unbenannt.JPG

Notice how bright the background is? (room is nearly dark)
Now, with a flashlight shining onto the white paper (simulating the license plate lights):
Remarquez à quel point l'arrière-plan est lumineux? (la pièce est presque noire)
Maintenant, avec une lampe de poche sur le papier blanc (simulant les lumières de la plaque d'immatriculation):

Unbenannt.JPG

The image gets adjusted and the background gets dark.
L'image est ajustée et l'arrière-plan s'assombrit.

Are you aware of any software updates for NAC that provide better scaling and/or a new hardware revision of the camera with WDR support?
Connaissez-vous des mises à jour logicielles pour NAC offrant une meilleure mise à l'échelle et / ou une nouvelle révision matérielle de la caméra prenant en charge WDR?

Also, is there an option to use an AV-In to hook up a separate camera?
De même, existe-t-il une option permettant d’utiliser un AV-In pour connecter une caméra distincte?

Thank you :)
Merci :)

I was terified by both cameras. Rear and front.
Now i have 3008, previously i had 508 RXH and the picture was clear.

I thought that the cameras have wide angle (i can see the top view on right side of the picture) and the NAC just crop the image. I dont know.
Terrible picutre.

I asked for it in my shop and they said it is normal this way :/