1.6 120 blue HDi - FAP working

Piotr

Membre
3 Juin 2019
Poland
Hello everybody,

Could you please give me an answer to my question?
In a manual book there is written the FAP starts burning when you drive min. 60km/h. What happen if the FAP starts burning then after a while you drive less then 60 km/h? FAP stops burning and starts again when the speed is more then 60 km/h?

Generally, once started, the assisted regeneration process (post-injection, egr off, ...) will continue even if driving condition changes. At least with this engine.
No matter if you're stopped at a red light for a minute, or if your average speed drops, even below 50Km/h.

I've checked this behavior on my car with Diagbox plugged while driving.
The ECU is able to maintain exhaust gas temperature beyond 500°C in "normal" city driving condition.

I don't know what's happening in extreme conditions, traffic jam, very long stop.

By the way, with this engine, the regeneration doesn't need to be complete
A partial one is generally sufficient and it won't automatically restart at the next start, but only a few hundreds of kilometers later.

@janfi67 _ many thanks for your reply!

When you have connected diagbox during drive FAP burnt completally up to 0 or not.
I just ask as my FAP didnt burn completally when i had connected my FAP application on my phone?

One time, I drove a few kilometers after the end of the post-injection.
The ECU graph (it's a mathematical model in the ECU, not a real measure) shows that suits continue to burn some time but it still remains some suits in the FAP, around 3g.

Diagbos never indicatee less than 3g during various sessions. I guess it's a normal behavior.

• J'aime
Reactions: Piotr