Key being not recognized

turtuv

Membre régulier
9 Mars 2015
Hi, today after 14 days without use the car, when I tried to turn it on, I got the "key doesn't present" message twice. Is there normal?

Hi,

Check the manual, I think there is a procedure where you have to lift the carpet beneath the USB / jack input and put your ket there.

Hope that helps

Hi, i read the manuale but it spoke about 21 days of stop, and besides that, I opened the car with the remote's button. Do you think that it's normal?

They say it can happen if the battery is disconnected, the key battery is change or "a problem occur"

I would try what I described and if the problem continues go to Peugeot

Here is what I mean
Screenshot_2015-04-14-19-17-08.png1..png

i understood, but the fact is that after the second try, the car turned on without problem, but the first two times, i got that message. It's a strange thing, but i don't understand if it's normal or not.

Can be that after 14 days of stop, the system has need some time to "reactivate" itself?

As an electronics engineer, I'm not so surprised : These kind of blurps happen. I would even say that they are the reason why you still have a mechanical backup key and a method to revalidate the key built in the car.

I'm coming back from a long vacation (almost 1 month) and when I tried to start my 308 I had the same problem. Fortunetaly I remembered your case and followed the procedure in the user's manual. It worked easily.