RT6 to NAC Wave2

Jupiteropal

Membre
22 Novembre 2020
Sydney
Hello everyone,

Recently joined this excellent forum with a lot of helpful members and ton of information about our loved cars. Pardon my English it’s better than my French :)

Apologies in advance that I’m bringing a Citroen subject on a Peugeot forum but I’m sure we agree both are brothers in arms :D. Mods please let me know if this is not allowed, I will delete this thread.

I have read a lot of content on RT6 to SMEG/ SMEG to NAC but not come acrossed anyone who did a bigger leap from RT6 to NAC.

Based on the knowledge gathered so far from reading lots of post and talking to few members, I believe it’s possible to replace RT6 to NAC. I have already bought wrecked 308 NAC and display (I know it’s been mentioned to use same car parts but I have no choice here in Australia, since the new C4 are not sold here, only Peugeot 308). I’m waiting on the conversion cables from our friends in aliexpress.
So wanted to reach out to the experts and fellow enthusiasts to bring in knowledge and also learn in this journey.

Few questions,
  • Is it possible to replace RT6 with NAC ?
  • If possible will a 308 NAC work in C4 ?
  • Any DIY ideas on how to get the bigger touch screen mounted in the dash ?
thanks and appreciate your inputs.

If this thread is ok - I will continue to add and document this process which might help future members in similar situation.

Adding Current C4 dash with dimensions along with the RT6 unit

308 NAC unit, Radio, Touch Screen

Dernière édition:
  • J'aime
Reactions: skeletiko

Hi, I also have a Citroën c4, I can tell you that nac can be mounted safely even if it comes from 308, the only thing is the display, which must be taken either of nac for c4 or adapted from c4picasso, and the multiplexed faceplate taken from smeg or nac

Hi, I also have a Citroën c4, I can tell you that nac can be mounted safely even if it comes from 308, the only thing is the display, which must be taken either of nac for c4 or adapted from c4picasso, and the multiplexed faceplate taken from smeg or nac
Oh great - someone to fall back too. Checked your media album and you have done some excellent DIY. I’m planning to use the 308 touch screen and see how I can get that screen in. Measurement wise the screen fits but just needs a custom mount that I need to make. Any ideas or have you see any aftermarket mounts that will make it easy ?

I advise you to take a display suitable for c4, also because I have not found anything to adapt another display, you should rebuild everything as I did for the cluster, I remind you that you have to replace the climate panel

I'm also looking to replace the SMEG on my C4. I found this guy on eBay selling NAC from the C4, on the picture he shows also the dash. Maybe he can sell that to you. (for me I need to add shipping-forwarding service + 17% VAT when importing to my country, so it gets way to expensive).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Autoradio-...21908880-avec-ecran-982502898000/254762622700

Note that he offered me this at 470 EUR after adding it to my watch list. Maybe he will lower it even more.

• J'aime
Reactions: Jupiteropal

I advise you to take a display suitable for c4, also because I have not found anything to adapt another display, you should rebuild everything as I did for the cluster, I remind you that you have to replace the climate panel

Hi,
Will this screen fit in the C4?

stock_aitken_waterman has told me the C4 had a different mount from the Peugeot 208/2008, which correlates with what you say here. But looking at the room for the two screws on the side it does seem to match those on my C4. (I currently have SMEG+ not RT6)

Thanks

I'm a bit confused.
The case I have now in my C4 will fit a screen from the 208, or do I need to get that case from albin?

I'm looking at either buying that screen shown in this picture (I don't know from which car, its from the same seller on Aliexpress selling the screen for the 308), or hopefully find a used screen here that comes from a Peugeot 208/2008. (no C4 with NAC/RCC were sold here).

Thank you very much for your help! I want to be sure things will fit before spending a lot of money..

We can't see your image ...

I don't know if your current case can match the circuit of the NAC screen, I only know that SMEG one almost perfectly match it.

Sorry apparently the media was private, I've changed it now

I kind of missed the need for the case - isn't the screen, as shown in the picture, already with a case? only needs to connect the cables and screws on the side?

This screen will not fit.

You don't need a case if you buy a C4 II / DS4 screen, only if you buy a 208 screen (easier to find & most of the time cheaper too), that's all

Physically fitting the display in the panel is the issue you are highlighting right ? As long as it works with the car I will find a way to get it screwed to the the dash. But just wanted to be clear that the reason C4 and 208 screens are suggested below is only because of fitment or the 308 display won’t work with C4 ?

The 308 screen needs an extra +12V on the black connector to display something and tactile buttons will not work, it is really easier to take a simple DGT7C screen.

• J'aime

This screen will not fit.

You don't need a case if you buy a C4 II / DS4 screen, only if you buy a 208 screen (easier to find & most of the time cheaper too), that's all

Thanks!
I think that I will get a 208 screen, and use my friend's factory to make it fit with the screws - that is the only problem, correct?
Also, just to be 100% sure - NAC and RCC screens are the same? (I will be getting an RCC, found one at a very good price)

Also, is there a way to visually distinguish between the old smeg and newer nac/rcc screens on the 208? I'm going to a garage to look for a screen, and the seller will probably have no idea whats the difference or from what car it came from.
I thought maybe with what is marked here in red is a good sign? I think that is the circuit mentioned before. From what I can tell it does not exist on any older SMEG screens, but you are the expert here :bien:

• J'aime

The 308 screen needs an extra +12V on the black connector to display something and tactile buttons will not work, it is really easier to take a simple DGT7C screen.

Ok got you. I will try and find one here which is going to be a big task. Do AliExpress sell DGT7C displays by any chance ?

I'm also looking to replace the SMEG on my C4. I found this guy on eBay selling NAC from the C4, on the picture he shows also the dash. Maybe he can sell that to you. (for me I need to add shipping-forwarding service + 17% VAT when importing to my country, so it gets way to expensive).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Autoradio-...21908880-avec-ecran-982502898000/254762622700

Note that he offered me this at 470 EUR after adding it to my watch list. Maybe he will lower it even more.
Thanks mate - will check with him

Physically fitting the display in the panel is the issue you are highlighting right ? As long as it works with the car I will find a way to get it screwed to the the dash. But just wanted to be clear that the reason C4 and 208 screens are suggested below is only because of fitment or the 308 display won’t work with C4 ?
You can also safely use the 308 display, you will have to adapt a lot, but it is manual work.
In addition to the display and nac, regardless of the display you want to mount, you will have to replace the climate panel from the Rt4/5/6 version to the smeg version with code 98100092xf
20201211_220912.jpg 20201211_215957.jpg

Dernière édition:
  • J'aime

You can also safely use the 308 display,
You can also safely use the 308 display, you will have to adapt a lot, but it is manual work.
In addition to the display and nac, regardless of the display you want to mount, you will have to replace the climate panel from the Rt4/5/6 version to the smeg version with code 98100092xf
Voir la pièce jointe 18120 Voir la pièce jointe 18118
Thanks alot mate- really appreciate your help.

so I have to add this part to the search list but curious to know why the previous climate panel won’t work. Also with the display I’m supposed to find a Nac or Rcc display from C4 Picasso or DS4 right ? The smeg ones won’t work for this project ?
Is there a display part reference for C4 Picasso or from which year they started using Nac would really help.

Attached C4 Picasso display that I can find here, can you confirm if these are any good ?

That is a display for smeg, therefore not compatible, as vlud has already said, the diaplay compatible with nac do not have the brown connector and have the name of DGT7C, logically if you take a display from another vehicle you have to change the back cover to find it without adaptation

Nac c4 / ds4 display part number:

Dernière édition:
  • J'aime

Is it possible to separate the screen itself from the case, to make it safer to move the screw holders without damaging the screen?

Also, the last thing that is worrying me is calibration. I understand that the config for RCC can be imported from NAC with just removing the 2108 zone and config it myself. Is it possible to do something similar with the calibration?

That is a display for smeg, therefore not compatible, as vlud has already said, the diaplay compatible with nac do not have the brown connector and have the name of DGT7C, logically if you take a display from another vehicle you have to change the back cover to find it without adaptation

Nac c4 / ds4 display part number:

got you :bien: let the great search for these elusive parts begin :benetton:

Hi so I've found everything I need, just want to be sure before buying:
1. The screen can be detached from its case to make it easier to move the screws without damaging it? (I'm getting a 208/2008 fitting screen)
2. I am getting an RCC A2. What am I loosing by not having a calibration file available? (only config is available, and that also needs to be slightly changed)

Thanks!