[TUTO] Télécodage et calibration d'un NAC / RCC / CIROCCO / CMB_NUM SANS Diagbox via Arduino

Did you solve this problem about themes on NAC always returning to default theme ( bronze)?

It was returning to blue theme. But, I don't have this issue anymore.

What need to be done:
Having the same number of activated theme on NAC and cirocco (in my case 3)
Only the 2 first theme on NAC will be persitent after car restart(I think it is because 3008 cirocco only have 2 theme)
If you use the 3rd NAC theme it will go back to theme 2 after restarting the car.

When you choose;
  • theme 1 in NAC (purple) you will have theme 1 on cirocco (blue)
  • theme 2 in NAC (red) you will have theme 2 on cirocco (bronze)
  • theme 3 in NAC (gold) you will have theme 2 on cirocco (bronze) but not persistent after retsart (go back to NAC 2 / cirocco 2)

Bonjour à tous,

Je me renseigne avant de me lancer...
Est-il possible de modifier les paramètres d'un smeg + ?
Car j'ai récupéré un appareil provenant d'un c4 cactus (climatisation gérée sur l'écran) et je voudrais le monter sur une DS3...
Dans l'attente de vous lire.
Jean Michel

Bonjour à tous,

Je me renseigne avant de me lancer...
Est-il possible de modifier les paramètres d'un smeg + ?
Car j'ai récupéré un appareil provenant d'un c4 cactus (climatisation gérée sur l'écran) et je voudrais le monter sur une DS3...
Dans l'attente de vous lire.
Jean Michel

Bonjour,

le NAC est nettement plus interessant que le smeg+ , en suivant le tuto c est très faisable.

@Hallahub collaboration to make IVI PoC inside 208 (P21E) with original display

https://github.com/ludwig-v/arduino-psa-nea2020-can-adapter

Rn7CdSc.jpg

Connect arduino to a canbus shield or mc2515, send that program in the arduino, connect the canbus shield or mcp2515 to the can confort network and it will "turn" NAC SLI frames into CVM SLI frames
Yep, that's correct.

can u give us more details please ?
Also, that sketch, has some parasite code, you can clear it - all will work correct without it. I was use all that code for some debugging ))

PS: you need to enable speed limit signs in the dashboard/lcd/hud, and disable showing it from the camera in nac. And this code will work properly only at the old cars, like Peugeot 508 1 gen, which don't have same frames in the can comfort line.

IVI is the new system in 308 (P51) & New DS4, nothing related to NAC.
Nothing is available yet, no units available because it is too recent, connectors name are unknown, the conversion sketch is at its early stage: don't expect anything before few months.

Finally started the Cirocco retrofit into my car. After some attempts, I could set some parameters to match my car specs.
However, after enabling the second screen, the map is larger than it should be. Does anyone know why it is happening and if there is some way to make it work properly?
I'm using a NAC Wave 4 SD from a Opel Corsa and the Cirocco came from a Peugeot 508 II.

Thanks in advance.

View media item 2708

As I remember: 08CF60005000018A090 but the magic is not in the zone :)

https://github.com/laleksss/speed_sign_converter

For arduino + only one MCP2551

Add it to CAN-Comfort and enable sign at the dash. In NAC you need to disable signs from camera.
Please help, still not appear speed sign on cirocco. What else should I do? On nac is disabled from camera, and activated on cirocco to display signs.

Please help, still not appear speed sign on cirocco. What else should I do? On nac is disabled from camera, and activated on cirocco to display signs.
Can u help me with setting from NAC and cirocco? I have to modify something on bsi?
I have to remove resistor from can adapter?

Can u help me with setting from NAC and cirocco? I have to modify something on bsi?
No, you dont need to modyfy anything on BSI. For checking, you can replace canMsgSnd.data[0] = 0xFF; in sketch to canMsgSnd.data[0] = 0x05; - if your scirocco and nac settings is ok, you will see some sign (as I remember - 5 KMH) on scirocco in the place, where NAC has no any information of the speed limit (and speed limit is not showed at the nac).

About resistor - sorry, but I don't know. In the sketch i was wrote:
// No support No question please //

No resistor for can module
In cirocco you need to turn on speed sign limit display. If turned on you should see a grey sign with 0 inside.

However on my car it is partially working.

It display the speed info for ~0.5s (or nothing if NAC have no speed limit info)
Then is switch to display "0" in grey icon for ~0.5s
Then It display again the speed info for ~0.5s (or nothing if NAC have no speed limit info)
etc

-->it blink between what should be displayed and 0 grey sign.

If turned on you should see a grey sign with 0 inside.
No, you don't need to see any sign. If you see it, that means that you have a new BSI, which have same frames in the can comfort line.

Blinking caused by difference between SAME frames sended by BSI and Arduino.

Example:
Bsi send frame: 0x001 00 00 00
Arduino frame: 0x001 00 FF 00

Result: accepting device is not understanding what happening and sometime using first data, sometimes - second.

I have BSI q04-01 on Ds4 restyl (2016)

The grey sign turned on as soon as I activated the speed limit display in cirocco.

But your explanation of duplicate can frame make a lot of sense. :bien:

Is there any workaround for that?

I don't like this method because in case of Arduino failure (software or hardware) no cluster at all.

Is there anyway to prevent the BSI from sending the speed limit frame? Either by telecoding or by asking with a can message not to send?

Is there anyway to prevent the BSI from sending the speed limit frame? Either by telecoding or by asking with a can message not to send?

No, no such option. The only way is CAN filter/translation. Module (not limited to BSI) will keep-on sending those frames even if there's no "consumer" present.

Finally started the Cirocco retrofit into my car. After some attempts, I could set some parameters to match my car specs.
However, after enabling the second screen, the map is larger than it should be. Does anyone know why it is happening and if there is some way to make it work properly?
I'm using a NAC Wave 4 SD from a Opel Corsa and the Cirocco came from a Peugeot 508 II.

Thanks in advance.

View media item 2708

Cirocco for Peugeot 508 has a different graphic than Cirocco 3008, in fact as you can see it is narrower even at the ends and in the partial km part.

For the arrow problem in navigation mode, you probably have a bad calibration / configuration of the nac, first try to set calibration and configuration of 508 and see if the problem still arises

No resistor for can module
In cirocco you need to turn on speed sign limit display. If turned on you should see a grey sign with 0 inside.

However on my car it is partially working.

It display the speed info for ~0.5s (or nothing if NAC have no speed limit info)
Then is switch to display "0" in grey icon for ~0.5s
Then It display again the speed info for ~0.5s (or nothing if NAC have no speed limit info)
etc

This defect is evident only on bsi that have a recent sw, in fact, doing some tests with friends, we noticed this defect after updating to the latest bsi firmware version, it is solved by playing with the frame sending times, I personally I still don't try it

I don't like this method because in case of Arduino failure (software or hardware) no cluster at all.

why would arduino ever crash? We’ve been using arduino and 2 canbus shields to make NAC works on can2004 cars without any problem. It’s been almost 2 year I use arduino on citroen c3 mk2 without any crash at all.

Yes Arduino are reliable. (At home, I have some project that works for several year without any issues)
But automotives environnements are harsh (vibration, temperature, etc) and OEM car electronic have much higher reliability standard than arduino. (especially if we compare Chinese clone with "so-so" manufacturing quality)

According to Murphy's law: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"
Even if it is unlikely You can have hardware failure (Hand made PCB are not very reliable, bad connection, blown fuse etc)

If (or when..) the arduino fails you will end up with nothing displayed on the cluster, it is not the same thing as loosing only speed limit indicator (or the car radio)

For me it just a risk that need to be taken into account. And I wanted to highlight it.
Every body can decide if the risk is worth it or not.

In my personal opinion, it is not worth it, but other may have different opinion :p

Having android auto vs risk of arduino failure and lossing only car radio-->I go for it. (big benefit low disadvantage)
Having speed limit display vs risk of arduino failure and loosing cluster --> I don't go (small benefit big disadvantage)

But if speed limit with single shield is possible, I go for it (And @RuLe seems to say it is possible :D )

For me it just a risk that need to be taken into account. And I wanted to highlight it.
Every body can decide if the risk is worth it or not.

In my personal opinion, it is not worth it, but other may have different opinion :p

Having android auto vs risk of arduino failure and lossing only car radio-->I go for it. (big benefit low disadvantage)
Having speed limit display vs risk of arduino failure and loosing cluster --> I don't go (small benefit big disadvantage)

That's a risk easy to avoid- just add a bypass switch to your circuit- flipping it would connect output with input and done. :)

• J'aime
Reactions: nico1080

Another question regarding the speed limit sketch.

On newer car, it is possible to set the cruise control to the speed limit by double press on the mem key.
see video between 2min and 3min:

Do you think it is possible to activate it on BSI 2010?
On my side, I tried to activate the Reconnaissance / Recommandation vitesse / Speed recognition / recommendation / Рекомендация переключения передачи трансмиссии in zone 2127 of NAC but the menu never get displayed.