[TUTO] Adaptateur pour SMEG/NAC/Matrice CAN2010 sur BSI CAN2004

The adapter is working now but:
1. There is exclamation mark in the right instrument cluster . When i remove the adapter it disappeared.
2. The fuel per km not show its empty.
Only one time i see it work

Pièces jointes

• Screenshot_20200213-102044.png
    Screenshot_20200213-102044.png
    364.6 Ko · Affichages: 170
  • Screenshot_20200213-102030.png
    Screenshot_20200213-102030.png
    621.6 Ko · Affichages: 160
  • J'aime
Reactions: Laleksss

Hi guys,

sorry for jumping in directly in this topic, found it during my research about the CAN in french cars. :)
Due to the fact my French is really horrible (20 years ago in school ), I would like to ask for help in English.

Where can I find a pinout for the BSI, do get access to the different CANs of the car?
Just found one with 125kbps on the blue connector and one with 500kbps on OBD connector...

Thank you for your help!

Clubby

For CAN2004 BSI you can find a lot of useful informations on this document.

This is great!!!
Something like this for the actual BSI version...?At the moment, I'm working on a Opel Grandland X, seems to be identical to Peugeot 5008...
The blue connector on BSI is 54pin (3 housings with 18pins inside the big blue housing), so the BSI seems to be different that the 2004 version.

Kind regards,

Clubby

Hi guys. You have some awesome work here. I have been working on something similar: I created a VAN bus to CAN bus protocol converter (BSI2004). My work can be found here: https://github.com/morcibacsi/PSAVanCanBridge I have successfully bridged most of the functionality, but to fully support head units with navigation (RT3/RT4...etc) I think I need to bridge at least two more CAN messages from the VAN bus. One of them is the speed of the rear wheels (both left and right), and the other one is the steering wheel angle. Both should be on the CAN comfort bus. Unfortunately I don't have access to a vehicle with CAN bus so I would like to ask for your help. Could somebody check what messages contain these information?

Hi guys. You have some awesome work here. I have been working on something similar: I created a VAN bus to CAN bus protocol converter (BSI2004). My work can be found here: https://github.com/morcibacsi/PSAVanCanBridge I have successfully bridged most of the functionality, but to fully support head units with navigation (RT3/RT4...etc) I think I need to bridge at least two more CAN messages from the VAN bus. One of them is the speed of the rear wheels (both left and right), and the other one is the steering wheel angle. Both should be on the CAN comfort bus. Unfortunately I don't have access to a vehicle with CAN bus so I would like to ask for your help. Could somebody check what messages contain these information?

I had some tests with more than two CAN devices connected to the same output board (CIROCCO_UDS + RCC A2) and i confirm it works.

From and for which car are you developing this CAN/VAN converter? I tell you about my knowledge about the Peugeot 206 VAN multplexed, the gearbox and engine ECU (where most of the information you want goes by) are normal CAN2004 lines, but are under isolated CAN_CAR environment. So, not hard to catch those signals. The rest has their own environments but VAN. Like VAN_INFO, VAN_CONF, etc.

I am developing my converter on a Peugeot 307 with a BSI from 2004. I also run some tests on a BSI from 2002 (some of the messages have different lengths, but I handle that from my code). It should work on every car with a VAN bus as it is very unlikely that PSA used the same message ids for different things in other cars than this (for example I was using a A/C ECU from a Peugeot 206 for development and my findings are also working on my 307). I am working on the VAN_COMFORT bus which is a 125 kbps bus and is responsibe for the infotainment (radio, air conditioning, parking sensor, dashboard, multifunction display). The aim of the project as it is written on the github page is to retrofit the multifunction display and the RD45 from newer cars. It would be also great to have RT4/RNEG... etc working. But I assume that those devices are using the speed of the rear ABS sensors for dead reckoning. I came to that conclusion because when I set navigation system to Present in the BSI using PP2000 a new message type appears on the VAN bus which contains the rear wheel ABS data. I would like to find the CAN messages for those data so I could forward the data from the VAN bus on CAN.

Hello,
do you have the CAN network data packets from your NAC?

You mean a full dump ? Because data packets from the NAC to the car network will be exactly the same as yours (just differences based on its telecoding, eg if you have no amplifier and I do)

https://we.tl/t-Yf5O6Tr478

There is still some work to determine what are the messages dedicated to the wheels speed and angle captor, I did this on my RCZ (CAN2004)

:chinois:

Dernière édition:

ID 0x0E6 (230) seems responsible for this, and Dmitry already analyzed that frame: http://autowp.github.io/#0E6_2

It seems that wheels speed are not available on the entertainment CAN-BUS anyway, so GPS telematic units probably rely on ID 0x0E6 (230) frame only.

Dernière édition:
  • J'aime
Reactions: Manuel Pérez

ID 0x0E6 (230) seems responsible for this, and Dmitry already analyzed that frame: http://autowp.github.io/#0E6_2

It seems that wheels speed are not available on the entertainment CAN-BUS anyway, so GPS telematic units probably rely on ID 0x0E6 (230) frame only.

Thank you for the bus captures. I investigated the 0x0E6 frame and unfortunately I can't see how it is possible to calculate the wheel speed from the data in it.

wheel_speed.png

This graph was made from your capture. The orange line is the vehicle speed from 0x0B6 which is the odometer data. Comparing with the live data from the video it is ok. The grey-blue line is made from the data in 0x0E6. I can see that there are points in time when the data does not change (maybe that happens when the car is stationary?). But the value was slowly growing when you moved the car again. Now this makes impossible to calculate the speed (not to mention that eventually it will overflow what will happen then?) Maybe it has something to do with the speed of the wheels, but I doubt that this is used for the GPS. At least what I saw in the frames until now they don't have any complex mathematics there. Anyway your capture is really helpful as I didn't have any data from a CAN bus car. At least now I can analyse it further. Thanks again.

As you can see on the description of the CAN-BUS frame by Dmitry, it seems to be a counter not a live value. The speed of the wheels while I moved the car should be almost identical so it is matching your graphic, I started the car, went to the end of my driveway (only about 20 meters), stopped then put the reverse gear and went back to my previous spot. But yeah I don't know what would happen in case of overflow, I guess it is only here to help the GPS determine if you are going to turn left or right or maybe not used at all, it is probably the angle captor that is used for everything (on my NAC it is also used for the reverse gear dynamic guide lines)

Merci pour le tuto que j'ai pu mettre en pratique sur ma C5 (X7) qui était équipée du NG4.
Me reste plus qu'a configurer certaines touches pour avoir le "menu" et "search" et bien sûr réussir à tout ranger proprement.
Faut que je regarde aussi pourquoi j'ai pas android auto mais juste carplay, appcitroen et mirrorlink.

Non c'est bien un nac ;)
Je vais voir si c'est pas mon câble qui pose problème.

Si tu vois le logo Android Auto (grisé) c'est que c'est plus une histoire de cable, si tu ne vois pas le logo du tout c'est que Android Auto n'est pas activé

Oui il est bien installé et je l'ai même lancé pour voir mais ça n'a rien changé sur le nac.

Hi i have Peugeot 5008 (2011) and im going to change display to coloured one. If i want to change hud also to colour one do i need make another can2004 to can2010 adapter or can i use just one and put both parallel or series? Thanks for a great guide!

Hey guys, hope you're doing well ! Bonjour au maitre & à ses disciples !

For CAN2004 BSI you can find a lot of useful informations on this document.

En regardant le doc en question, je vois que les 2 rétroviseurs (rep 6410 & 6415) sont en lien avec le CAN confort qui transite désormais par l'Arduino ;)

upload_2020-5-12_21-50-53.png

Est-ce raisonnable d'envisager de reproduire une option PSA qui enregistre une position "basse" des 2 rétroviseurs (supoosés motorisés) lorsque la marche AR est enclenchée ? (typiquement lorsqu'on se gare le long d'un trottoir, là où la caméra de recul ne sera pas assez grand angle pour compenser..?)

Si certains ont déjà essayé de capter les trames liés au réglage des rétroviseurs...

i do the conversion 2004bsi to 2010bsi and use that for peugeot RCZ for color Dot Matrix screen

1. i flash enable bits for all things that i need and it work.
2. i bulid harnsess for "navigation control unit" but it didnt work at all
i change for mono screen and connect Daigbox and enable this option and in this mono screen the navigation button is work.
i connect color screen to Daigbox (with Rcz option) and cant enter to config
i choose peugeot 508 and see the screen enter until manual config but cant enter.....
how make 2004 to 2010 (convert arduino) to config in Daigbox?
or how to enable the wire remote without Daigbox?

• J'aime
Reactions: BETO PSA

Im trying to get color display (in speedometer) to work with arduino nano and 2pcs of MCP2515. I get message: Unable to sync with RTC. Do i need to modify the script cause im using DS3231 RTC module?